Wednesday, March 7, 2012

66 Days

Today marks the day I move down into the 200s.  I have 66 days of walks behind me.  I have lost 10 lbs and I am doing a 17 minute mile.  I have also started running part of my walks a minute a few times during the walk and that is a lot more than I expected to be doing at this stage.  Walking is part of my day, one half hour each day and maybe an hour at the weekend.  It is one of the most important things I do each day and I look forward to it now that the evenings are getting longer and I can walk in daylight.  I walk to the shop if we are short of one or two items, I walk to choir and to meetings in the parish.  Walking has changed my life. I am much fitter, and healthier mentally and physically.  Sometimes I think a half hour is not much but if I do it every day it adds up and I use Imapmywalk which is an added incentive to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment