Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Not Many Left

My walk this morning was tinged with a hint of sadness. Each morning it is a little darker and the sun is lower in the sky. Very soon I know it will be dark in the morning and my walk will have to take me along the road through the housing estates. These precious minutes, my special minutes will not be the same and I will be walking in the dawn. That will also have its beauty I am sure but I will miss walking in the park.
Little brown man was nowhere to be seen this morning and the usual suspects were doing their walks and runs around the park. There was a new face though or two new faces, a little old man and his Spaniel. The man was quite feeble looking and walked with a stick and the dog was old looking and was soaking wet probably had a swim in the nearby river. The man swung his arm and threw a tennis ball and the dog took off after it ears flapping and tail flying out behind him. He retrieved the ball and dutifully took it back to his master. This always amazes me as I have never been able to get my dog Dougal to fetch a ball or anything else for that matter.
My world of men and dogs and sunshine fingering its way through the trees onto green grass was shattered by the 7am news and I was thrown into a world of Syria and Nuclear bombs and an old man tragically murdered. I wondered what life would be like without the hourly reminder of all that is wrong with the world. I know you can turn the radio off and some mornings I do but you feel that you are missing something. (Mental note to self, turn it off tomorrow)
Now I am on the way hope through the green grass the pathway stretching out before me with the sun breaking through the gaps. This is a quieter end of the park, most people walk along the playing fields on the upper end, but I like this pathway and it leads me easier home.
Soon home now have a shower, porridge with John's blackcurrant cheese in it feed the animals and off then to work.






No comments:

Post a Comment